Friday, February 8, 2013

Getting Fit in February

If you are like most people, those New Year's resolutions you made while enjoying holiday snacking don't seem quite so enticing in the cold days of February.  How are you staying inspired to stay on track? Do you have role models or blogs you keep up with to stay excited and moving forward?

My recent mantra has been to keep it simple. For me that means small steps of success that build on each other. Here's a few goals I'm working on:

First PRSA RVA board mtg
Health goals
One of my goals has been to lose the dreaded five pounds that don't want to budge. Instead of committing myself to months of change (which never works for me), I've scheduled myself to attempt a 21-day healthy eating challenge (more on that later). I'm also changing up my workout routines for the first time in awhile (again, more to come!).

Professional/career goals
My goals this year are to participate in an incredible leadership training program while stepping up to the plate as PRSA Richmond president. I talk a lot about professional development ideas on the chapter's website, and they can be applied to most professional groups you might participate in.

Personal relationships
I'll be honest, I'm not always so great about staying in touch with those I care about. Not because I don't want to, but simply because I get busy and something has to give. My goal this year is be more intentional about making time for friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment